The end of March saw the final of the Dacorum Dragons Apprentice Challenge for 20134/14. Ten teams finished the challenge and raised over £11,000 in total for their charities.
The awards ceremony was held at Shendish Manor Hotel and was attended by the Deputy Mayor of Dacorum Cllr Alan Lawson, teams, school representatives, parents, friends, charities and business Dragons.
All the teams were invited on stage to present their cheques to their charities and were applauded by all. Six teams were invited to do a 5 minute presentation to the audience and all did very professional presentations. The Super Dragons (judges) then went to deliberate before the Deputy Mayor of Dacorum presented the prizes for the awards.
- Most Money Earned - Kings Langley School
- Most Innovative Product/Service or Business Idea - Ashlyns School
- Best Example of Close Co-operation with your Charity - Adeyfield School
- Best Poster Display Panel - Hemel Hempstead School
- Individual Achievement - Chloe Staines from Astley Cooper School
- Overall winner - Kings Langley School
Prizes were generously donated by The Snow Centre, Dacorum Talking Newspaper, Shendish Manor Hotel, The Professionalism Group, Costa Coffee and Radio Dacorum. The trophies were generously donated by Hemel Trophies and Jewellers.